Eat. Sleep. Makeup. Repeat.

One month makeup free! 

Today marks one month breaking free from makeup prisonFirst, let me start off by explaining what my makeup routine was.  Like most, I think, I went with what was trending.  Contouring.  Really, contouring is an ART and I hand it to anyone who has the patience for that crap.  I wasted many months, I would say close to 10 months of "contouring" each morning.  I remember the first time I played around with  contouring it was last Fall, I was at Bath & Body Works and the manager working there said how beautiful my makeup was and asked if I had "lost weight" and from that day forward, I was hooked. Contouring made my face appear 'skinny'. That is all it took.  

......

When I was out in LA this past June, I began to notice the trend in LA was minimal to no makeup during the day. People were spending more money on skincare, such as masks and moisturizers, than makeup. On my first day, I started my morning off with my usual makeup process and by the end of the day, I had literally sweat off all my makeup.  It was such a waste.  My face was so oily and irritated being in the sun all day. The next day I had only applied some lotion, of course eye liner and some mascara and off I went.  My face felt so fresh!   We went out that night, and I had only applied blush, fake lashes and some lip gloss.  I never thought I would feel so confident not covering up every flaw on my skin.  It was such a great and healthy feeling and my skin was thanking me.  

The Process....

Each day I started off by applying a primer, an all over foundation, concealer over blemishes and under my eyes, lose powder under my eyes to 'bake' and along my jaw line.  When I first heard the term 'baking' being using for applying makeup, I think by Kim Kardashian, I had to YouTube "How to Bake" and of course after many videos it was now part of my routine.  Then, that is when the highlighting process begins. After many layers upon layers of liquid makeup or lose powders, by applying various shades of brown along my nose and just under my cheek bones and along forehead. Blend and blend some more, a brush for this, a sponge for that and finished off with some blush and finishing spray.   A true work of art and now to remember not to hug someone wearing white. Before bed I would go through two wipes to get all the makeup off and harsh cleansers to help with blemishes since my face had such dirty pores and was super oily. I could see pimples starting to develop and patchy, dry, and red spots all over. Repeat process the next morning and night. Arg.

I like my products like I like my friends, NON TOXIC....

The best compliment is when someone says to me "you are so lucky that you don't need to wear makeup, you have perfect skin".  I cannot believe how much my skin has changed in only one months time.  My current skin regimen is:  at night before bed I use a facial wipe to remove any eye makeup and mascara, I then use a apple cider vinegar facial scrub and I apply a gel H2O hydrating boost moisturizer by Tarte.  I swear by Tarte products. All of their products are vegan, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and formulated without artificial fragrances. In the am I use another vegan and organic product by JuiceBeauty, I picked up their 2-in-1 apple cleanser at Ulta Beauty for $10. It really makes your skin feel squeaky clean.  After my face dries, I use a product by Fresh, Seaberry face oil with omega 3,6,7 and 9.  I apply it to my nose and under my eyes and I leave it for a few minutes before I massage it into my skin.  This product alone has saved my skin.  My pores are so smooth and my skin plumps up filling in any wrinkles. Once the oil is massaged in, I apply a peach colored blush by Benefit and some eye makeup and DONE.  30 days later..., I challenge you ALL to try it!!! Seriously your skin will thank you.  

Comment below on your thoughts, suggestions, questions or advice!

....Also, check back, I will be adding a section next to my "About Me" tab with a list and links to my favorite products..........

Bee Kind©







Comments

Popular Posts