How I was Inspired at Carrera Cafe

And so it begins.....
It was June 26, 2017, 5 days past my birthday and I was walking into a café I stumbled across on Instagram.  I stalked their page the night before, mapped it out and discovered it was .2 miles from me.  Oh wait lets backtrack a minute, let me tell you where exactly that is.  California.  For my birthday, I flew out to LA for 6 days.  Not a bad way to celebrate your birthday eh? I was staying in West Hollywood right off my favorite street, Melrose Ave.  
The café was located directly across from the Paul Smith Limited store, where everyone all day long goes to take pictures in front of the famous “Pink Wall’.  When I opened the glass door it was like walking into what I envisioned to be heaven.  The aroma of coffee beans hit me right in the face, the cool relaxed atmosphere welcomed me as if I was floating my way in.  Instantly, I grabbed my phone and started snapping pictures.  It was beautiful in here! White tiled flooring, high ceilings, white brick walls, marble counters, simple and classy black accents in just the right places.  It was as if I designed it the way my DREAM cafe would look like on Pinterest.  I was starting to feel inspired. 
This was my type of café.  What drew me in was they offered these mouth-watering, buttermilk Belgium waffle bars served with maple syrup, whipped cream and powdered sugar and sprinkles for $5.  They looked too good to eat.  For an additional $1 they offered fresh bananas, berries, mango, and toasted almonds to name a few to add onto your order.  I placed my order (added on fresh bananas) along with an iced Americano.  There was a cute little table where to add your own sweetener and cream and posh little bowls for your trash.  I picked out a table and waited for my order.  Each table had a small clay pot with a cactus and a sign with the hashtag #carreracafe.  Clever. The cafe also offers customized coffee "art". There was about 3 other girls in there, around my age on their laptops.  Perhaps they were blogging? It was already 90 degrees out that day so I decided to enjoy every minute of this café.  My waffles were more than what I expected.  Delish. I had to hold myself back from ordering more.  My iced Americano was one of the best cup of coffees I’ve to date tried.  You could tell that this business really puts in a lot of pride into their work. 
As I finished my iced coffee, I decided it would be a smart idea before I start my journey on Melrose, to visit the bathroom.  The bathroom.  Let me tell you about the bathroom (I sound so ridiculous right now). Again, all marble, black, classy and may be just be the cleanest bathroom I have ever used. And the soft lighting was made for selfies.  This café was a DREAM.  As I walked out of the cafe, I waved and thanked the staff behind the counter. If I lived in W. Hollywood, I could see myself coming here daily. Sadly, I only had 1 day left in LA.  I wish I could take is place back to the East Coast with me. I crossed the street,  and began my walk up and down Melrose. I captured all the art, soaked in the vibes, and that is when the inspiration hit me. Until next time Carrera Cafe.

                                                                     Check out Carrera Cafe


Bee Kind©

Comments

  1. I love the look of the café from your picture that you posted. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts